A moist, chocolate sponge cake rolled with a creamy, coffee filling; this makes an impressive afternoon tea cake or holiday dessert (or breakfast!)
Ingredients (makes 12 servings)
6 large eggs
1/2 cup almond flour (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
1/4 cup coconut flour (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
1/4 cup cacao powder or Dutch process cocoa powder (22 g/ 0.8 oz)
1 tbsp psyllium husk powder (8 g/ 0.3 oz)
1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
3/4 cup powdered Swerve or Erythritol (120 g/ 4.2 oz)
Filling & chocolate ganache:
2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided (480 ml/ 16 fl oz)
2 bars 90% dark chocolate or sugar-free chocolate, divided (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
4 tbsp powdered Swerve or Erythritol (40 g/ 1.4 oz)
1/4 cup mascarpone cheese (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- Preheat oven to 180 °C/ 355 °F (fan assisted), or 200 °C/ 400 °F (conventional).
- Using and electric hand mixer or a stand mixer, beat the eggs and Swerve until doubled in volume. Gently fold in the dry ingredients.
- Pour into a greased and lined lamington tin (25 x 38 cm/ 10 x 15″). Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 3 minutes.
- Turn out onto baking paper and very gently roll up along the long side. Wrap the roll in a clean tea towel and leave to completely cool.
- To make the ganache, place the chopped chocolate into a heatproof bowl.
- Heat half of the heavy whipping cream (1 cup/ 240 ml) in a saucepan until very hot, but not boiling. Pour the cream over 180 g (6.4 oz) of the dark chocolate broken into pieces and let stand without stirring for 5 minutes (do not stir!). After 5 minutes, whisk the ganache until smooth and glossy with no lumps. Sit aside to thicken.
- Whip the remaining heavy whipping cream (1 cup/ 240 ml), mascarpone and powdered Swerve together until thick. Fold the remaining grated chocolate (20 g/ 0.7 oz) through.
- Very gently unroll the cake. Spread the cream filling all over it evenly and then very gently re-roll it, sitting it seam-side down.
- Place it in the fridge for half an hour to chill. Carefully ice with ganache before serving.
- Store in the fridge, in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Hands-on 45 minutes Overall 1 hour 30 minutes
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs5.3 gramsProtein7.5 gramsFat31.6 gramsCalories335 kcal
Calories from carbs 6%, protein 9%, fat 85%Total carbs8.5 gramsFiber3.1 gramsSugars3.4 gramsSaturated fat17.4 gramsSodium106 mg(5% RDA)Magnesium66 mg(16% RDA)Potassium249 mg(12% EMR)
If anyone wants more Delicious Keto and Low Carb Recipe so Join My New Group
Here you can get best and new Recipes >>>The Best Easy Keto and Low Carb Recipes for Beginners