Cheeseburgers… what could be a more perfect centerpiece to your casual keto feast? Heavy on the flavor and satisfaction, but light on effort! And you don’t need bread to make them wonderfully tasty — dress ’em up with delicious salsa and toppings instead!
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 scallions
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- fresh cilantro, to taste
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- 7 oz. shredded cheese, divided
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 oz. butter, for frying
Salt & pepper, to tasteToppings
- 5 oz. lettuce
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 5 oz. cooked bacon, crumbled
- 4 tbsp pickled jalapeños, chopped
- 2½ oz. sliced dill pickles
- 4 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Chop up the salsa ingredients and stir together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix in seasoning and half the cheese into the ground beef, combining with hands or a wooden spoon until blended.
- Make four burgers and fry in a pan or grill if you prefer. Season with salt and pepper, and add the remaining cheese on top towards the end.
- Serve on lettuce with mayo, bacon, pickled jalapeños, dill pickle and mustard. And don’t forget the homemade salsa!
Nutrition Ketogenic low carb
Per serving Net carbs: 3 % (8 g)Fiber: 6 gFat: 79 % (104 g)Protein: 18 % (53 g)kcal: 1194